Tips to make your wedding planning experience easier.
You just got engaged! Congratulations! Getting engaged and planning your dream wedding is a ton of fun but can also be a bit stressful. If you’re like most people and aren’t sure about where to start in this process, follow these first couple of steps before planning anything!
- Relax and enjoy this exciting moment! Although wedding planning is stressful, you don’t have to start immediately after getting engaged. Take time to celebrate with friends, family and your new fiancé! Don’t feel pressured into picking the date, venue, dress, etc. right away!
- Figure out your budget. Before you start thinking of everything you need to buy, you need to set a budget for your big day. Sit down with your fiancé and figure out what’s most important to you both and how much you would like to spend on each aspect of the wedding. This is probably one of the most important parts of the wedding planning process. Pick a number that’s realistic and make sure you try to stick to this budget as much as possible!
- Determine what type of wedding you want. After setting up a budget for yourselves and prioritizing various parts of the wedding, you need to figure out what kind of wedding you want. This will help you determine the theme of your wedding and can help you narrow down the sort of venue, dress, and colors for your day.
- Pick how large or small you want your wedding to be. Once you’ve figured out what kind of wedding you want, you should determine how large or small you want this celebration to be. Do you want a small intimate wedding or a large wedding with all 300 of your closest friends and family?
- Make appointments at bridal salons. You should plan to do your bridal gown shopping 8-12 months before your wedding date. Most bridal salons have what is called “sample” dresses. At your appointment you will narrow down your choice and order the dress to your size. It can take an average of 4-6 months to receive your dress and then you will need alterations to be sure of a fantastic fit. Give yourself plenty of time so you can have a no stress experience.
Those are a few of the basic steps you should go over before getting into the nitty gritty things. Once you and your fiancé have done these steps, you’re just about ready to start wedding planning process! Good luck and have fun!